Wednesday, August 21

Untitled

Wow! It has been a very long time since I have last blogged here, and I think I'm ready to talk again.  Between planning the wedding, buying a home, and trying to have some time to myself, I took a little break from the blogosphere.  Please forgive.

It's been almost 3 weeks since the wedding, and it seems like a lifetime ago I woke up ready to promise to be loyal to the love of my life for eternity.  It was a wonderful experience to be sealed to my husband, and so far, marriage has been both what I expected and not what I expected.

What I didn't expect was how normal being married would feel. Life goes on. We spent a heavenly week in Maui, filled with beach time, snorkeling, and long drives.  Then, all of a sudden, we snapped back into our normal routine.  We both went back to work, had bills to pay, errands to run, dinner to cook.  It's been wonderful, comforting, and very normal. I'm very happy to not be in shock from a gigantic life change, although I must admit some feelings of homesickness have washed over me several times.  Not for home, but for nights watching movies at Trev's parents house, our long drives and slurpee runs.  I'm sure we'll get back to that once things settle in a bit, but oh how I have missed it as we've been planning and running around getting the necessities done.

I've also become a little more thoughtful lately.  Maybe it's because my mind is no longer filled with flowers, cake, and wedding decorations.  I'm ready to pursue some bigger things in life.  I recently saw this quote: "Die with memories, not dreams", and it's really made me think about the dreams I have and what I can be doing NOW to make them a reality.  I'm ready to buckle down and pursue some of my wants and wishes I've been too tired, overwhelmed, or lazy to pursue.  I'm a professional procrastinator and I'm ready to change my ways!

You may be thinking to yourself "Wow, Debby Downer, way to kill the mood".  But really, I hope to be able to make changes in my life now to really feel fulfilled.  I hope to be someone reliable, put together, and kind.  I know these things are already part of who I am, but I really want to emphasize them.  I'm ready for a full makeover, if you will.  Do you get what I'm saying?

I am very excited to begin sharing many photos from the wedding day with you, but for now, here's one from the happiest day of my life so far....


And here's to many, many more happy days with my one and only by my side.


No comments:

Post a Comment