Friday, August 23

in.spi.ra.tion


a : a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation 
b : the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions 
c : the act of influencing or suggesting opinions


.


Inspiration.  I feel like it is more of a moment than an action sometimes.  It comes and goes.  It's something brought to us by the grace of God.  Something that warms your soul and pulls you to do something meaningful.  There are many things in this world that make me feel inspired.

I find inspiration in nature.  There's nothing more beautiful to me than getting away from the hustle and bustle of the city and taking a drive through the mountains. The crisp air, crunch of twigs under my feet, and all of the green bring me to a happy place.  Recently, Trevor and I were able to spend a wonderful and short week in Maui.  The smell of salt water, the sand between my toes, and the cool of the waves on my body were heaven.

I find inspiration in music.  I am a musician, and would love nothing more than to sit at my piano all day every day and play music from each of the great composers I so long to meet one day.  I swear, they better all be there to greet me at the gates of the afterlife when I pass.  I will be disappointed if I don't see my dear Debussy eagerly waiting to finally meet me.  I swear we're kindred spirits.

I find inspiration in family.  My family is the world to me.  They bring me such peace and happiness.  My younger siblings, parents, and husband make me want to be a better person, and I'm sure my future children will inspire me even more.

Inspiration is what drives us.  It helps us to be better, keeps us on our toes.  It helps us feel things. We need it to survive.

What inspires you?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment