Tuesday, May 7

Kitchen Dreams | Julia Child Kitchen Renovation

Lately, I've been dreaming about kitchens.  I cannot wait for Trev & I to have our own home, and to be able to cook whatever I want, whenever I want.  Mostly because we will have the fridge space... (remind me to never share a fridge with 3 independent adults again).

Naturally, I've been using houzz.com to entertain myself during work, and ran into an article about a renovation on Julia Child's childhood home, specifically focusing on the kitchen.  Needless to say, I now have some serious kitchen envy, as Julia Child is my inspiration for all things cooking.  I really need to read her biography one of these days...

BEFORE:


AFTER:

Julia Childs Kitchen


Good as Gold Kitchen Renovation


Kitchen Renovations


Julia Childs Kitchen Renovation

I am almost drooling over the gorgeous black counter tops, retro stove (which the owner has moved from home to home...) which I love in this perfectly updated space, and of course, the gigantic fridge.  Be still my heart.

I think we could do something like this, right?

For more photos and information on this amazing kitchen, and the history behind it, click here.

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful kitchen! I want to design my own some day when we have money! If you do end up getting this kitchen, may I come cook with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, if I get this kitchen, we will have a baking party and it will be heaven! *Sigh*... one day ;)

      Delete