Wednesday, November 27

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving is probably one of my favorite holidays.  I love this time of year in general. It starts with Halloween, where I get to deck out my home in creepy crawlies.  Specifically skulls galore this year, as we are building up our Halloween decor and skulls seem to be what I am drawn to each year. 

Then of course, we've got Thanksgiving.  The leaves have changed, there's frost on my car in the morning, and there's really nothing better than a good turkey dinner with family.  This year, we are flying out to Arizona to spend Thanksgiving weekend with Trevor's grandma and grandpa.  I'm really excited because this will be the first time I've met most of his extended family on the Evans side.  Also, we're flying, and that means we get some airport time, which I LOVE.  There's nothing better than the hustle and bustle of the airport.

Even though I'm loving the holidays, I am so ready for November to be over.  It has seemed like each week we have plans after plans after plans, until we are all planned out and just want to lay in bed.  The day we get home from Arizona, trust me, there will be a major winter's nap occurring!




*Also, has anyone ever checked out the Smitten Kitchen blog?  Deb is my hero. No, really, I idolize her.  And she's been posting some great Thanksgiving recipes lately.

Homemade Green Bean Casserole?  From scratch, homemade crispy onions and all?

Oh yes, please!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment