Tuesday, December 3

Our Newest Addition

Ever since we moved into our home, I have been dreaming of adding an acoustic piano to the mix.  Of course, this piano would be perfect.  There's a whole list of qualifications I had in mind for my dream instrument.

1. It must have character.  
2. It had to be a full upright, as that's all we currently have room for.
3. This piano needed to have a good touch to it.
4. Preferably be something I could fix up a bit to TRULY make it mine.
5. It absolutely needed to be affordable.

As you can imagine, finding such a piano would prove to be quite the task. I wasn't in a hurry to find it, because my Clavinova worked great for the time being, but I really wanted to find an acoustic piano to practice on as I was going to school.

Then, one day, I found it.  The perfect piano.  It met ALL the requirements, and it was even better than I had ever hoped, because it was turquoise.  Yep, they painted it a gorgeous blue and I am in love.


How perfect is that? It will need to be re-keyed, and some of the hammers will need to be repaired, but it is a project I am willing to take on!

. . . I'm so spoiled.

1 comment: